How to program Liftmaster keypad 877LM
Are you looking for help on how to program your key pad? A key pad is a great accessory for your garage door that allows you to have a wireless access to your garage. A Key Pad allows you to open the door with out key or remote. It will open for you when you go for a walk or run and don’t want to carry annoying keys with you. It is very useful for homes that face the street becasue those garage doors are used as the main entrance to the homes. I see them being useful in the Chicago suburbs garage doors.
Who is it for?
People who go jogging, kids coming back form school, or just go to the store and don’t have to take the keys with since they know they can just enter a 4 digit code. 4 numbers, enter, and the garage door opener will grant you access to home. For simple steps to program your remote go here.
When you are ready to program your garage door opener keypad, bring your ladder. Next, locate your “learn” button on your operator, think of your 4 digit PIN, and let’s get to it.
This steps are good for Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Sears and Craftsman
1- Press and release the “learn” button.(Fig above)
2- Enter your 4 digit PIN(on key pad)
3- Press and hold “enter”(on key pad)
Hold ‘enter‘ until you hear a click on your motor (about three seconds). After you complete these simple steps, you will hear a click on your operator. This means programming was successful. Now, if you press and release “enter” your door should close.
How to program your Home Link in your car
- Press and hold the two outside HomeLink® buttons, release when the HomeLink indicator light starts flashing , could be up to 15 seconds.
- Bring the hand-held remote 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink, keeping the HomeLink indicator light visible.
- Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and hand-held transmitter button simultaneously. The HomeLink indicator light will flash slowly and then fast. When the indicator light starts flashing fast, the buttons can be released.
- Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
- On the opener (actual motor) in the garage, find the learn or smart button. Check here for learn button location.
- Press and release the learn or smart button . You have approximately 30 seconds to take the next step.
- Back in your car press and hold the HomeLink button for two seconds, then release it. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence for 3 times to complete the programming process.
- For help on how to program your garage door opener remote check here.
Setting your garage door opener key pad is easy and simple if you follow these steps. Always check the owner’s manual of your product for further instructions. Enjoy the sweet little things that make a world of difference in your daily life like a good working Key Pad.